HAVE YOU EVER WONDERED IF YOU ARE APPLYING YOUR SKINCARE PROPERLY AND IN THE RIGHT ORDER?
If the answer is YES, then let us at LIV + GRACE SKINCARE and our expert holistic aesthetician, Cindy O'Brien, give you the answers you need!
SKINCARE LAYERING CHEAT SHEET: to help make the best choices while applying your skincare and to truly benefit from the therapeutic ingredients in your formulations.
HOW TO LAYER SKINCARE
- ACIDS: toners, tonics and or serums with vitamin C (Brightening Anti-Oxidant Serum), glycolic, salicylic, lactic, retinol, resin A or natural acids like apple cider vinegar (Rebalance Clarifying Tonic), go first. Let dry.
- NOURISH | HYDRATE: water based essence (Vital Complete Hydrating Essence), toner and or serums (Marine Peptide Hyaluronic Serum) next.
- MOISTURIZE | SEAL: moisturize with facial oil (Rescue Hydrate and Super Seed Oil), lotion and or cream (Goat Milk Hydrator)
- SPF: every morning
Here are some other PRO TIPS to keep in mind.
- Generally, layer skincare from thinnest to thickest
- Use vitamin C serum daily, especially in the AM for added environmental and UV protection. May also be used in PM if skin can tolerate.
- Apply products on cleansed skin.
- Cocktail Serums by using 2/3% or more of the water based products with 1/3 or less of oil based products. Example- 1/3 Vital Complete Hydrating Essence, 1/3 Marine Peptide Hyaluronic Serum and 1/3 of facial oil (Super Seed or Rescue Hydrate).
- Start at the neck and work your way up the sides of face, forehead, then down the center of face.
- Don’t use products with high dosages of essential oils on sensitive skin.
- Apply hydrating products on damp skin for the best result.
- Give yourself a lymphatic massage to reduce puffiness and detoxify skin.
- Use retinol and retin A products only at night. (We use this infrequently and prefer using our plant based vitamin A serum, Rescue Hydrate).
- Keep skin hydrated, even if acne prone. Dehydrated or over dried skin can create a negative cascading effect causing many secondary dermatological issues.
- Finally, if you care what you eat, then consider what you use topically, especially daily. We can absorb up to 70% of topical ingredients (personal care, cosmetics, skincare and fragrances) within one minute. It can quickly travel through the lymphatic system and or blood stream effecting every system of your body. This explains a lot, right?
LIV + GRACE SKINCARE IS NAPA VALLEY’S PREMIER SKIN CARE COLLECTION, BRIDGING THE GAP BETWEEN BEAUTY AND WELLNESS BY USING ONLY THE FINEST BIOCOMPATIBLE BOTANICALS WITH ULTRA CLEAN, SCIENCE-DRIVEN ACTIVES TO AWAKEN GORGEOUS, RADIANT SKIN AT ANY AGE. WE PROVE YOU DON’T HAVE TO SACRIFICE RESULTS WHEN USING CLEAN BEAUTY SKINCARE MADE BY LIV + GRACE.